Based out of Los Angeles, California Brittney is cinematographer, editor and still photographer. Brittney has seven years of experience in Television production, digital and commercial production, working with clients such as TV One, Motions Hair, Nike, Instyle Magazine, Creators of Color and FOX on projects ranging from BTS, to short narratives and more. Brittney is the co-founder of Lor’ene Janae where she is contributing content creator.
She also works with a lot of musicians, artist and other filmmakers on personal projects.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How she started off with IT and that propelled her to pick up editing
- Pivoting from St. Louis to California, what’s next after moving to Cali and how to put yourself out there
- Establishing their production company and the importance of combining their talents
- Passion projects that helped build her portfolio
- How Craig’s List was a defining moment in meeting her mentor
- Lance Gross being her first video project
- Maintaining her faith in Hollywood
- What is Creators of Color and working with Tiffany Haddish
What Brittney is watching right now? Black.ish, Grown-ish & Living Single
What Brittney is reading right now? You are a Bad Ass.
You can connect with Brittney Janae on Lor’ene Janae or Instagram
Let’s Get Social
Instagram @thecreativeoutsiders or @shivawn_adrienne
SUPPORT THE PODCAST
If you like this episode, share it + subscribe + leave a review (or do both)
The more reviews, the greater chance someone else will hear these episodes.